WP Essential: How to Reinstall WordPress
How to Uninstall WordPress Inside WP Essential
- Log in to your Domain Dashboard.
- Click on the cogwheel icon of the WordPress website that you want to delete.
- On the left pane, click on Wordpress under Site Builders.
- On the Wordpress page, look for the Settings card and click on the three-dot icon.
- Click Delete Wordpress.
- You will be prompted if you want to remove WordPress from this site. Click the Yes, continue button if you wish to proceed. Otherwise, click the No, go back button.
In a few moments, your WordPress Essential will be deleted. Keep in mind that you may still need to manually remove the website files or the database in case the system was unable to delete them completely.
Your WordPress Essential installation will be deleted within a few moments. Keep in mind that you may still need to manually remove the website files or the database in case the system was unable to delete them completely.
How to Prepare for a WordPress Installation
- Review the folder or sub-folder your domain is pointing to.
Because you can have more than one domain, you will be asked which domain you want WordPress to install to. WordPress will install itself to the same folder or sub-folder that your domain is currently pointing to.
- Are you installing WordPress where the domain is pointing or to a subdirectory from where the domain is pointing
Most WordPress websites are installed directly into 'www.your-domain.com'. However, we provide the option to let you install into a subdirectory such as 'www.your-domain.com/blog'. If you do not have a preference, we recommend installing into just 'www.your-domain.com'.
- Need to create a subdirectory See How to Create New Files and Folders Using File Manager.
- Confirm that your directory is ready to have WordPress installed.
If you already have content in the directory where you want to install WordPress, it could stop your installation. If your directory already has an older WordPress installation, you will need to remove the old installation before adding a new one. Be sure to check for hidden files as well when cleaning out the directory.
- Not sure how to remove files See How to Delete Files and Folders Using File Manager.
- Not sure how to view hidden files See Navigating File Manager.
How to Install WordPress on Your WP Essential Account
- Login to your Domains Dashboard.
- Click on either the Domain Name or the cog icon.
- On the left pane, click on WordPress.
- In the WordPress Page, click Get Started.
- If you have an existing plan, then click on Use Existing. Note that you can upgrade to Optimized Hosting for Super speed, enhanced security, and personalized support for WordPress.
- Create your Site Name, which appears at the top of your site.
- Fill in with your Email, Username, and Password for your WordPress Dashboard.
- To modify your WordPress site, click on Manage Site.
Want to learn more about WordPress?Check WordPress: Tutorial Videos to help you quickly grasp the basics of creating a WordPress website. You can always check out WordPress.com and browse their codex or online help forums.