WordPress: How to Update Database Connection Strings
- Log into your account Hosting Summary.
- On the left pane, click MySQL Management.
- Here, you can see a list of databases that you've created. To view the details of a particular database, click the Manage link adjacent to it.
- From the Database Details screen you can view the following:
b. Server Name
How to Update Database Connection Strings
Important: Make sure that you preserve spaces and other coding characters when modifying your connection strings.
- Log in to your account Hosting Summary.
- Go to File Manager.
- On the left pane of your File Manager. Select the WordPress folder of the website that you want to update.
- Locate your website's wp-config.php then click on the three-dot menu and select Edit.
- Locate the following lines of code:
// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** // /** The name of the database for WordPress */ define('DB_NAME', 'database_name'); /** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'database_username'); /** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', 'DatabasePassword'); /** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'database.hostname');
Change the values in bold to match your database settings.
6. Click the Save button.
Want to learn more about WordPress
WordPress: Tutorial Videos To help you easily grasp the basics of creating a WordPress website, you have created several free tutorial videos. These videos were designed to be followed in order, but you are welcome to view whichever one best suits your needs.