WordPress: How to Move Your Website
Basics Behind Moving Your WordPress Website
Part 1. Change the WordPress Directory
- Move the WordPress files into the new directory.
- Update your domain pointers.
- If needed, update your permalinks.
Part 2. Move WordPress onto a Different Account
- Download a copy of your WordPress files.
- Download a copy of your database.
- Upload your files onto your new account.
- Upload your database onto your new account.
- If needed, update your database connection strings.
- Update your domain's DNS settings.
- Transfer your domain into your new account.
- Update your domain pointers on your new account.
Want to learn more about WordPress
WordPress: Tutorial Videos: To help you easily grasp the basics of creating a WordPress website, we have created several free tutorial videos. These videos were designed to be followed in order, but you are welcome to view whichever one best suits your needs.