WordPress: How to Install Using Mojo Marketplace
How to Prepare for a WordPress Installation
- Review the folder or sub-folder your domain is pointing to.
Because you can have more than one domain, you will be asked which domain you want WordPress to install to. WordPress will install itself to the same folder or sub-folder that your domain is currently pointing to.
- Are you installing WordPress where the domain is pointing or to a subdirectory from where the domain is pointing
Most WordPress websites are installed directly into 'www.your-domain.com'. However, we provide the option to let you install into a subdirectory such as 'www.your-domain.com/blog'. If you do not have a preference, we recommend installing into just 'www.your-domain.com'.
- Need to create a subdirectory See How to Create New Files and Folders Using File Manager.
- Confirm that your directory is ready to have WordPress installed.
If you already have contents in the directory where you want to install WordPress, it could stop your installation. If your directory already has an older WordPress installation, you will need to remove the old installation before adding a new one. Be sure to check for hidden files as well when cleaning out the directory.
- Not sure how to remove files See How to Delete Files and Folders Using File Manager.
- Not sure how to view hidden files See Navigating File Manager.
How to Install WordPress Using Mojo Marketplace
- Login to your Hosting Dashboard.
- Scroll down and look for Hosting Tools, then click on VIEW ALL TOOL to expand the list.
- Look for Mojo Marketplace and click the Launch link. You will be redirected to the Mojo Marketplace's website.
- From the Mojo Marketplace, Hover over the One Click Installs dropdown menu. Then, click WordPress.
- Click Get Started.
- Enter your Domain and sub-directory if necessary and click Next. This will help you determine if the domain is set up in a way that will allow Mojo to install WordPress.
- Set up your admin information, leave the default boxes checked below. Once done, click Next.
- A Progress bar will display at the top of your Mojo Marketplace Dashboard.
- Click View Credentials once the download is complete for information on how to log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- You can see your installation information and admin login credentials.
Want to learn more about WordPress
WordPress: Tutorial Videos: To help you easily grasp the basics of creating a WordPress website, we have created several free tutorial videos. These videos were designed to be followed in order, but you are welcome to view whichever one best suits your needs.
An Error Occurred During the WordPress Installation.
If you encounter any problems while installing your WordPress website, please contact us for assistance.