WordPress: How to Change or Reset Your Admin Password
How to Change Your WordPress Password From the WordPress Control Panel
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Hover over your username, then click Edit My Profile.
- Scroll down to the Account Management section and click the Generate Password button.
- By default, WordPress will auto-generate a new password and place it in the text box.
- If you want to create your own password, delete the text and start to type the new password.
(Make sure to create a "Strong" password.)
- Scroll down and click Update Profile.
How to Reset Your WordPress Password from the WordPress Login Screen
- Go to your WordPress Login screen.
- Click Lost Your Password.
- Enter the email address associated with your WordPress login.
- An email will be sent to the email address you entered. Click on the confirmation link inside that email.
- Type in a New Password or keep the auto-generated password provided.
- Click the Reset Password button to save the new password.
How to Reset Your WordPress Password Through phpMyAdmin
Important: Caution is recommended when using this method to reset your password. It is a good idea to backup your database before making any changes through phpMyAdmin. Note that neither we nor WordPress are responsible for any issues that occur as a result of you making manual changes to your database.
- Log in to your Hosting Dashboard.
- On the left sidebar, click MySQL Management.
- Then click Manage next to the database associated with your WordPress website.
- Click on phpMyAdmin.
- Locate and click on the Users table in the left column.
- Click Browse.
- Click Edit for the WordPress user you want to modify.
- Change the Function for user_pass to MD5.
- Change the Value for user_pass to your desired new password.
- Click Go.
Want to learn more about WordPress
|WordPress Tutorial Videos: To help you easily grasp the basics of creating a WordPress website, we created several free tutorial videos. These videos were designed to be followed in order, but you are welcome to view whichever one best suits your needs.|