WebsiteBuilder: Saving and Publishing Your Website
It is a great habit to save any changes you make in the editor. You can save your progress as many times as you like as you go along working on your site. When you publish your site, this allows any saved changes to go live online.
NOTE: We offer two different versions of WebsiteBuilder. Our original implementation of the builder is the Classic Editor, while WebsiteBuilder Express Editor is the newest interface commonly found in the Foundation dashboard. It is not possible to upgrade a Classic Builder site to the Express Editor. The site will need to be recreated with the Express Editor. All new WebsiteBuilder installations will be the Express Editor.
Follow the instructions that match your WebsiteBuilder version.
How to check if I have Classic Editor or Express Editor?
|WebsiteBuilder Classic||WebsiteBuilder Express Editor|
- Log in to your Domains Dashboard.
- Click on the Domain Name or the cog icon where your WebsiteBuilder is situated.
- On the left pane, click on WebsiteBuilder, under Site Builders.
- To launch your WebsiteBuilder Classic Editor, click Manage.
- On the upper right corner of the Classic Editor, click on Save.
- Once all changes have been saved and if you wish to upload the changes to your current site, click on Publish on the upper right corner.
- To launch your WebsiteBuilder Editor, click Manage Site.
Click on Save on the top of your editor page. You can still edit the site even after saving all the changes.
- After saving the changes, you will see that the Save button would show as saved.
Once you are ready to make all changes to be on your live website, simply click on Publish on the upper-right of your editor.
- You will get this confirmation screen that your website is already published. If you want to see the changes made in your live site, click View Site. In case that you still need to do some editing, click Back To Editing. You can share the link to your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Saving changes saves your current work. You must Publish changes in order for them to be seen on your live website. Changes should be posted instantly or give it a 10-15mins for the changes to be live. It's also a good practice to clear your cache and cookies to get the most updated version of your website. If after doing these steps and your website is still not updated, please contact us.