WebsiteBuilder: How to Add Google Analytics CodeGoogle Analytics is one of the most commonly used digital analytics software online. It provides an analysis of visitors to your website. This can help you strategize your online marketing for your business.
NOTE: We offer two different versions of WebsiteBuilder. Our original implementation of the builder is the Legacy WebsiteBuilder Editor, while WebsiteBuilder Express Editor is the newest interface commonly found in the Foundation dashboard. It is not possible to upgrade a Legacy WebsiteBuilder site to the Express Editor. The site will need to be recreated with the Express Editor. All new WebsiteBuilder installations will be the Express Editor.
Follow the instructions that match your WebsiteBuilder version.
How to check if I have Legacy WebsiteBuilder Editor or Express Editor?
|Legacy WebsiteBuilder||WebsiteBuilder Express Editor|
Log in to your Domain Dashboard.
Click on the Domain Name or the cog icon where you installed your Websitebuilder.
On the left pane, click on WebsiteBuilder, under Site Builders.
- To launch your Legacy WebsiteBuilder Editor, click Manage.
- On the left menu, click on Manage.
- Then select Google Analytics.
- Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID in the space provided. Then click Add Analytics.
- Lastly, once editing is done, click on Save. If you want to make all changes to be updated on your live website, click Publish. Both these options are placed on top of your editor. If you only save changes, it would not appear on the website unless you click Publish.
To access your editor, click Manage Site.
- Go the Settings option at the top of the editor.
- Then, select HTML Injection from the left menu, and you will see the HTML editor appear to the right, beginning with "line 1." On this page, paste your Google Analytics Code into "line 1" of the header then click Save.
- Once editing is done, click on Save. If you want to make all changes to be updated on your live website, click Publish. Both these options are placed on top of your editor. If you only save changes, it would not appear on the website unless you click Publish.