Uploading your website created in Apple iWebNote: Apple discontinued support for iWeb in 2011. It is highly recommended that customers move to a modern reliable site builder like WebsiteBuilder, Weebly or WordPress.
What is Apple iWeb
iWeb is a site builder tool made by Apple that can be used to build custom websites. If you want to upload a website built with Apple iWeb to your hosting account, you may do so by first saving the website to a folder on your local machine, then uploading it to your hosting account using FTP.
Please note that any changes that are made to a website built using iWeb must be done so using the iWeb site builder tool on a local computer.
Upload a website built using iWeb
To upload a website built using the Apple iWeb site builder tool, you must first publish your website to a folder on your local computer.
- Open the iWeb site builder program on your local computer.
- Select the site that you have built from the list in the left side column on the home screen.
- From the File menu in iWeb, select Publish to a Folder.
- In the window that appears, click Desktop in the left column, then click New Folder.
- Enter a name for the website in the text field that appears, then click Create.
- Select the new folder that you just created from the list, then click Choose.
- If the 'Content Rights' window appears, click Continue.
- Once iWeb publishes to the folder, a confirmation message appears.
Once you have completed the steps listed above, you may now proceed with uploading your website via FTP to your iPage hosting account.
- Open your FTP program.
- Connect to your website using your hosting account's username and password.
- On the left side of the screen, under the 'Local Site' column, find the folder that you created containing your website built using iWeb, then double-left-click it to open it.
- Select all of the contents of the folder by holding down the Command/Apple key on your keyboard () and pressing the A key at the same time.
- Upload these files to your hosting account.
NOTE: Please do NOT upload the entire folder to your hosting account. You only need to upload the contents of this folder (the index.html and other HTML files).