Troubleshooting Common Email Issues
This article is intended to help investigate and troubleshoot common email issues.
Here is a checklist for General Email Troubleshooting:
- Is your email hosted by us?
- If yes, proceed to step 2
- If no, contact your mail hosting provider
- Has your domain expired?
- If yes, renew the domain
- If no, proceed to step 3
- Is your domain status on Client Hold?
- If yes, verify the domain name
- If no, proceed to step 4
- What is your hosting account status?
- If your hosting account is suspended, please Contact Support to make a payment
- If your account is up to date, proceed to step 5
- Check your domain DNS entry
- For problems with POP3, check the MX records
- If your MX and/or A records (for MX) does not point to our systems, Webmail will not work
- If your MX records need to be updated, verify that the Nameservers point to us
- Check your Account Settings
- Is the email account created on our server?
- Check for any email forwarding
- Check the spam filter settings
- Check the mailbox storage used
- Using Webmail
- Can you login with your username and password?
- If not, then reset the mailbox password
- Using a Mail Client or Mobile Phone
- Ensure that you have the correct email client settings
Related ArticlesCommon Email Bouncebacks
I Can't Send Emails
I Can't Receive Emails