SSL Certificate: Installation Steps
- Log in to your Domains Dashboard.
- In Card View, click Manage on the domain you wish to install SSL.
- In List View, click on the cog icon.
- On the left sidebar, under Security, click on SSL Certificate.
- Click the View Plans button.
- Choose which SSL Certificate to purchase.
- Review the payment information and click Checkout.
- A pop-up confirmation box will appear at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- You will receive an email to confirm or update your contact information at the account administrative email address.
- Once your contact information is confirmed, we will automatically verify that the domain ownership is yours and install the SSL certificate to the domain you chose!
If the domain lookup fails (this is highly unlikely):
- There will be a link under the column "Expiration Date" that says "Send Approval Email" 3 hours after you followed the steps above and submitted.
- Once you click the link, we will automatically create an email address named; firstname.lastname@example.org, which will forward to the administrative email address we have on file.
- You will then receive an email to that administrative email address asking you to confirm the validity of the SSL certificate. For Extended Validation SSL customers: If you have attempted to install an Extended Validation SSL, you will need to submit a signed agreement from the Certificate Approver. (See requirements)
Note: After you have approved the SSL via email, it will take between 30 minutes and 4 hours to complete the installation. You can check the status of the installation from the SSL Certificate page in your control panel.