SSL Certificate: Installation Steps
Log in to your Domains Dashboard.
- On the dashboard, select the domain name you wish to install SSL.
There are two views in the Domains dashboard - the Card and List views. Click on the view icons to switch to your preferred view.
- Choose the domain you are working on.
In the Card view, click the domain's Manage button.
In List view, click the domain or its gear icon on the right-hand side.
- On the left sidebar, under Security, click on SSL Certificate.
- Click the View Plans button.
- Choose which SSL Certificate to purchase.
- Review the payment information and click Checkout.
- A pop-up confirmation box will appear at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- We will automatically verify that the domain ownership is yours and install the SSL certificate to your chosen domain!
If the domain lookup fails (this is highly unlikely):
- If the status says “Domain verification failed,” you’ll need to click the “Send email” option, found in the three-dots symbol.
- Once you click the link, we will automatically create an email address named; firstname.lastname@example.org, which will forward to the administrative email address we have on file.
- You will then receive an email to that administrative email address asking you to confirm the validity of the SSL certificate. For Extended Validation SSL customers: If you have attempted to install an Extended Validation SSL, you will need to submit a signed agreement from the Certificate Approver. (See requirements)
Enable Your Free SSL Certificate