ShopSite options and configurations
Order notifications from ShopSite
When someone places an order on your ShopSite store, you will receive a confirmation email. At this point, you can go to your store's admin page and click Orders. From there you can bill your new orders and view any other existing orders.
NOTE: Be sure to configure your order notification email address, as all notifications are sent there.
ShopSite order management and customer support tools
Order Management: ShopSite seamlessly integrates with our payment processing commerce engine. Using ShopSite, you can securely accept orders, process credit cards, validate payment and address information, and register shoppers as customers. You can also handle more complex operations easily, like partial shipments and backorders - all through an easy online interface.
Customer Support: ShopSite makes it simple to give your customers world-class customer service. By clicking a few checkboxes, you can tell ShopSite to send updates to your customers whenever something significant happens to their accounts - such as when a product is shipped, placed on backorder, or when you receive notice of the order.
Additionally, upon receipt of the order, your customers have access to a personal SmartStatement - a Web page that contains up-to-the-minute order information and status, thereby reducing calls to customer service.
Specify the order notification email address
ShopSite sends all automated correspondence (order notices, out-of-stock warnings, etc.) to the Order E-Mail on the ShopSite Settings page.
To ensure that you receive all email, choose one of the following steps:
- Recommended: Change the address to an active email address that you check regularly, then click Change Settings.
- Set up the default address as a mailbox or a forward to an active email address that you check regularly. You may find the default address on the ShopSite Settings page.
Important: If you don't change or create this address, then mail sent to it will be handled by your catch-all option, which could bounce or delete the messages.
Add custom modules to a ShopSite store
You can add ShopSite modules that you purchased to be supported on our servers.
- Select one or more of the modules available from ShopSite's third-party developers listed on the ShopSite Add-On Modules page.
- Confirm the technical requirements of the module you want to use, including the version of ShopSite required. Many of the custom modules require ShopSite Pro.
- To verify that we can support the module on our servers or to upgrade your version of ShopSite, contact us.
- Purchase the module from the developer's site, and follow the instructions for downloading it.
- Contact us to install the module for you.
Note: We do not purchase add-on modules for ShopSite stores.
Convert your ShopSite store to work with SSL
To convert your store to work with SSL:
- Follow these instructions to purchase and install your SSL Certificate on your website
- Ensure that during the configuration process, you specify the domain where your store is located
- After successful installation of SSL on your website:
- Republish your store. This is necessary to re-establish all links.
- If you are using 'Order Anywhere' links, update them with the new URLs.
If you convert your ShopSite store so that it works with your SSL certificate, the URL that your shoppers see as they go through the checkout would be:
Without an SSL certificate, it will show as:
This helps your shoppers build more confidence in your store and your secure checkout process.
NOTE: Your ShopSite files will be moved to your Home directory where they can be edited, deleted, etc., please do not touch these files unless you know exactly what you are doing. If you wish to edit your store please do so using the ShopSite Wizard, as you have done in the past.
Important: This process cannot be undone. Once we move your files, your checkout will use https://www.yourdomain.tld. If you decide to not renew your SSL certificate, your checkout will still work, but your checkout will not be secure.
Configure ShopSite for the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway
To configure ShopSite:
- Log in to your Hosting Dashboard.
- From the Hosting Summary page, scroll down to Hosting Tools.
- Launch the ShopSite Starter.
- Click on the Manage My Store button.
- Hover over Commerce, then click on Payment Setup.
- On the Payment Setup page, scroll down to the Credit Card Processing section.
- Select Authorize.Net AIM as your processor, then click Configure Processor.
- Complete all the required information (provided by Authorize.net):
- Host - (read-only) The name of the Authorize.Net server that will process your transactions
- Port - (read-only) The port on the Authorize.Net server where transaction information is sent
- Authorize Script - (read-only) The path and filename of the script that authorizes transactions
- API Login ID - Enter your Authorize.Net Login ID (received when you purchased PowerPay)
- Transaction Key - Enter you Authorize.Net transaction key (received when you purchased PowerPay)
- Order Transaction Type - Specify the type of transaction that you want ShopSite to process when a customer places an order:
- For most situations, you should leave this set to Authorize Only.
- If your store sells digital download products, you may want to set this to Authorize and Capture (Sale) to ensure that the funds are actually captured before customers are given access to the online products.
- Billing Transaction Type - For most situations, leave it set to the default Prior Auth Capture
- Transaction Currency - Select a currency type to use for Authorize.Net
- Order Description - A descriptive identification string to show that the order came from your ShopSite store
- Timeout - Set the number of seconds that ShopSite will wait for a response from Authorize.Net
- Display CVV2 Entry Box - Check this box to include a text box on the order form for customers to enter the CVV2 value from their credit card
- Require CVV2 Entry - Check this box to require the CVV2 entry (make sure to check the previous box as well). This is required if you accept Discover cards in your store.
- Send Tax Amount - If required to send tax details by your merchant account's bank, check this box to send this information to Authorize.Net with each order
- Display Error Details - Check this box only when setting up a new Authorize.Net account and making a test purchase. If there are any problems, the detailed error report will be sent to the customer. Turn this option off when you are done testing and are ready to accept real transactions.
- Send email to customer
- Set to True to send a payment confirmation notification to the customer.
- Set to False to not send out any notifications.
- Email address for merchant copy
- If you want to receive a notification of payment confirmation, provide an email address in this field.
- Leave this field blank to receive no notification.
- Reject on AVS Failure - AVS stands for 'Address Verification Service.' You can select to reject the transaction if the address verification fails - i.e. the customer's billing address does not match one on file. To do so:
- Click Go to Authorize.Net.
- Log in to your Authorize.Net account.
- Enable this service.
NOTE: When an AVS check fails, the gateway notifies ShopSite of the failure, but still authorizes the transaction. If you have configured ShopSite to reject AVS failure, the order will not go through and no funds will be transferred from the customer's account to the merchant account. However, the gateway still places a 'hold' on the customer's account for the amount of the order. The authorization will eventually time out and the hold will be released.
- Click Save Changes to apply these settings.
Why is there no option on the checkout to enter shipping and payment information Can this be fixed?
There is a bug in the ShopSite program which reacts to a colon (:) in your shipping text. The solution is to remove the colon (:) from the text of your shipping options.
- Log in to your store administration area
- Choose Preferences > Store Text > Shipping
- Change the text contained in this area to remove all colons (:)
My store is not working after I upgraded my version of ShopSite. Why?
As part of an upgrade, your store ID changes and the store location moves to a directory for the new version, so old ordering links stop working. Check the following steps and address any that you might have missed:
- Republish your store by selecting Utilities > Publish > Regenerate in the ShopSite program.
- If you are using OrderAnywhere, replace any existing OrderAnywhere links with new ones generated after you republish your store so they will point to the new directory/store location and show your new store ID. To generate new OrderAnywhere codes:
- Log in to ShopSite.
- Select Merchandising Tools > OrderAnywhere
- Select the products that you want to update.
- Click Show Code.
- Copy the code that is generated and paste it over the existing code in your ShopSite website.
- If you have hard-coded links, replace them with the new ones generated after you republish your store, so that they point to the new directory/store location and show your new store ID.
If your store still doesn't work, please contact us.