Setting custom MIME types using the .htaccess editor
Set custom MIME typesMIME types tell browsers how to handle files. Most MIME types are set globally on our Web servers.
- Select the directory to which you want to add custom MIME types. The current settings for the selected directory display in the Current Settings section.
- In the Extension(s) field, enter the extensions, separating each with a space.
- Enter the name of the MIME type.
- Click Save to save your settings. Optionally, click Reset to clear your recent field entries.
- To delete previous entry, click the delete icon in the table in the Current Settings section.
Important: All subdirectories of the selected directory will inherit the settings for the directory, unless you apply different settings to specific subdirectories.