Setting custom MIME types using the .htaccess editor
Set custom MIME types
MIME types tell browsers how to handle files. Most MIME types are set globally on our Web servers.
- Log in to your account Hosting Summary.
- On the left pane, click on .htaccess Editor.
- Once in the .htaccess Editor page, select the domain and directory where you want to add or modify an .htaccess file.
- Scroll down and look for the MIME Types lite. Then, click on the Manage MIME Types link.
- In the MIME Types screen, click on the blue Plus sign icon.
- Type in the MIME type and the Extention in their respective text boxes. Once done, click the Save MIME Type button.
Important: All subdirectories of the selected directory will inherit the settings for the directory unless you apply different settings to specific subdirectories.