Scripting: How to Disable PHP Functions
- Log in to your account Hosting Summary.
- On the left pane, click on the Scripting Config.
- Under Scripting Configuration, click on the Manage PHP Scripting link.
- Under Actions, click on the Manage php.ini link.
- Locate the following block of code within your php.ini file:
; This directive allows you to disable certain functions for security reasons. ; It receives a comma-delimited list of function names. ; http://php.net/disable-functions disable_functions =
6. Just after 'disable_functions = ', write out the functions you want to disable (example: exec,passthru,popen). Here is a list of functions that are commonly disabled as a means to improve security:
Important: Some themes, plugins, and features for popular PHP-based website builders (such as WordPress) may rely on one or more of these functions. Disabling these functions may cause certain features to stop working (notably, some WordPress automatic backup plugins).