Microsoft 365: Temporary Passwords and Password Resets
We no longer offer Microsoft Office 365 products at this time. If you have already purchased Microsoft Office 365, you may continue to manage your subscription through the Customer Portal. If you are looking for a professional email solution, Google Workspace is an excellent alternative for a professional email and provides a full suite of productivity and communication tools.
Microsoft 365 Password Recovery
In the event you cannot remember your Microsoft365 password or get locked out, here are the steps you should take. Also, note that Microsoft 365 uses temporary passwords as part of the password reset/recovery process.
Remember: The best way to reset your password is through Email Management in your account Domains.
- Do NOT use the “reset it now” option in the error box. Doing this may complicate the issue. Go to Step 2.
- Log in to your account and click on the Microsoft 365 option.
- Click on the three dots after your email address:
- Select Reset Password.
- Copy the suggested password or create your own.
- Check the box and click Confirm Password Reset.
- If you see this prompt, you may have to change your password one last time.
- Be sure to make a note of your latest password reset.