How to Connect to a MySQL Database
What is MySQL
MySQL is an open-source relational database management system that uses Structured Query Language (SQL), the most popular language for adding, accessing, and processing data in a database. MySQL is most commonly used as a Web application alternative to proprietary database systems because of its speed and reliability. MySQL can run on UNIX, Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
Connect to a MySQL database using Perl, PHP, or Python
To connect your web page to your MySQL database:
1) Log into your Domains dashboard and click on Hosting
2) In the left pane, click on MySQL Management.
3) Find the database that you wish to set up the connection for and click on Manage.
4) On the far right side of the Database user, click the three dots or options menu.
5) Select Generate Code and then select the language for which you wish to create the connection string - Perl, PHP, Python or ASP (Windows hosting only)
6) As soon as you make your selection, the connection string and other code necessary to connect to your database are generated.
7) Click on Copy Code Snippet and close the box.
8) Paste this code into the appropriate place on your site, where you wish to connect to the database.