How To Change Your PHP Version
Which PHP version should I use?
The PHP coding language is constantly being developed and updated. With each new version released, some PHP functions and capabilities may be removed while others are introduced. Each new version of PHP intends to increase the security and capacities of what the language can do.
Older PHP applications and website builders may be designed to run with an older version of PHP and might not run at all on newer versions. Likewise, up-to-date PHP applications might only work when running on the more recent versions of PHP. To accommodate whichever application you choose to use, iPage allows you to pick from several pre-installed PHP versions.
How do I change the version of PHP for my account?
- Log in to your Domains Dashboard.
- At the top left corner, click on the Hosting tab.
- On the left sidebar, click on Scripting Config.
- Select Manage PHP Scripting.
- In the Actions card, choose Change PHP Version.
- Choose your PHP Version from the dropdown and click Set Version.
Related articlesIntroduction to PHP
How to Update Your PHP Version - Video
How to Update PHP for WordPress
Scripting: Introduction to PHP
Scripting: How To Install IonCube for PHP 7.0 - 7.4