Google Workspace: How to Import Messages into Gmail
How to Import Messages into Gmail
Detailed instructions can also be found on Google's support site.
- Log in to Gmail for your Google Workspace account.
- Click on the Gear Icon in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Under 'Check mail from other accounts,' click 'Add a mail account'
- Enter a label for the address. You need to provide a slightly different email address, as Google Workspace won't let you use the same address you are converting. This is only a label, you can use any address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Next Step.
- Enter your specific connection settings:
- Username: The full email address for your old mailbox.
- Password: The password for your old mailbox.
- POP Server: Select an appropriate server. If you are connecting to an old webmail account with iPage, refer to our Email Client Setup article for the correct settings.
- Port: Select an appropriate port number (SSL recommended). If you are connecting to an old webmail account with iPage, refer to our Email Client Setup article for the correct settings.
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server: Optional.
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail: Recommended.
- Label incoming messages: Optional.
- Archive incoming messages: Optional.
- Click Add Account.