G Suite: How to Import Contacts from Open-Xchange
How to Export Contacts from Open-Xchange
- Log in to your Open-Xchange Mailbox.
- Check Expert Mode.
- Click Contacts.
- Click on the Down Arrow located to the right of Contacts.
- Hover over Extended.
- Hover over Export.
- Choose either CSV (Recommended) or vCard.
- You will be prompted to download a copy of your Contact list.
How to Import Contacts into G Suite as a CSV File
- Create a custom CSV file, or export the address book from your other webmail provider or email client as a CSV file.
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
- Click the More button above the contacts list and select Import.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Select the file you'd like to upload and click the Import button.
When it's done, Gmail will display the number of contacts imported.
If you receive any error messages during the import, you might need to edit your CSV file.
Important: These CSV files work with Outlook, Outlook Express, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Eudora, and some other email providers. But the CSV files that these applications produce might not contain all of the supported contact fields. For example, when Outlook exports to a CSV file, it omits data including attachments, distribution lists, contact pictures, the 'file as' field, the 'alias' field, and text formatting in the 'notes' field. Google Contacts doesn't have a way to know what was omitted, so we suggest that you manually copy over any important information in these fields after you import your contacts.
About the notes field:
- Google Contacts doesn't support rich text formatting or unlimited length in the 'notes' field. When we're unable to import a certain field from the CSV, we do our best to let you know so that you can fix it manually.
- The maximum size for contact is 128 KB. If a contact exceeds this size, the 'notes' field might be truncated.
Still Need Help with G Suite
Please contact us if you still need assistance with G Suite.