What is Form EmailForm Email is typically a process or a script that takes a website form and sends its contents to a specified email address. Using simple HTML tags and our form to email processor, you can build a form on your website which, when completed and submitted by a visitor to your site, will automatically email you the form contents.
What is a captchaA captcha is a type of input field often included on website forms. The purpose of a captcha is to ensure that the form is being completed by a person, not an automated bot that traverses the Internet and may create 'trash' inputs on your form.
Create a website form
If you would like to include a form on your website, which you want your visitors to fill out and submit, one of the tools you can use is the Form Email tool.
To reach the Form Email tool:1. Log in to your Domains Dashboard.
Create an HTML form with the following tags:
- A standard <form> tag that contains the path to the Form->Email processing script
- A hidden tag. This tag means it cannot be seen by your customers and tells the form where to e-mail the contents of the form.
<input type="hidden" name="required" value="field1,fieldn">
For example, if you were making the field named emailaddress and firstname, your tag would look like this
Note: "required" must be in lower-case letters to be recognized by our processor; name="REQUIRED" may not work. <input type="hidden" name="required" value="emailaddress, firstname">
To send them to a specific page after they have completed the form successfully by using the tag below and replacing "yoururl" with the page name. The URL does not have to be on your site or even hosted with FatCow. It is best to use full path names (http://www.yoursite.com/page.html) and not local paths (/page/html).
<input type="hidden" name="thankyou_url" value="yoururl">
If a customer fills out your form incorrectly, you can customize the "error" page by they see inserting the following line of code in your form:
<input type="hidden" name="error_url" value="yoururl">
To change this order, you will need to use the following syntax.
<input type="hidden" name="order" value="field,field2,field3">
Adding a blind carbon copy (bcc) e-mail address
Use the following syntax to add a bcc e-mail address:
<input type ="hidden" name ="bcc" value="bbcemailaddress">
Specifying a return e-mail address
Use the following syntax to have your customers add their e-mail address:
<input type="text" name="email">
Adding Submit and Reset buttons
Use the following syntax to include submit and reset buttons:
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit Now" >
<input type="reset" name="reset" value="Reset" >
6. Follow the instructions on this page to create specific tags in the HTML code of the page where you wish to place your form.
- Be sure to include the form method tag. It points to our processing script that creates an email from your form and sends the results to the specified address
- Be sure to include a Submit button on your form
- Be sure to include a hidden input where name='my_email' and value='your email address'.
- Be sure to include a captcha as one of your form fields to ensure that people, not automated processes, are completing your form