What is Form EmailForm Email is typically a process or a script that takes a website form and sends its contents to a specified email address. Using simple HTML tags and iPage's form to email processor you can build a form on your website, which when completed and submitted by a visitor to your site, will automatically email you the form contents.
What is a captchaA captcha is a type of input field often included on website forms. The purpose of a captcha is to ensure that the form is being completed by a person, not an automated bot which traverse the Internet and may create 'trash' inputs on your form.
Create a website form
If you would like to include a form on your website, which you want your visitors to fill out and submit, one of the tools you can use is the Form Email tool.
To reach the Form Email tool:
- Log into your control panel
- From the Scripting and Site Add-Ons sections, select CGI and Scripted Language Support
- Select Form Email
- You are brought to a page which lists all the necessary HTML tags to create your form and examples of how to use them.
- Follow the instructions on this page to create specific tags in the HTML code of the page where you wish to place your form.
- Be sure to include the form method tag. It points to iPage's processing script that creates an email from your form and sends the results to the specified address
- Be sure to include a Submit button on your form
- Be sure to include a hidden input where name='my_email' and value='your email address'
- Be sure to include a captcha as one of your form fields to ensure that people, not automated processes, are completing your form