File Management: How to Rename Files and Folders Using File Manager
- Log in to your account Hosting Dashboard.
- Click on File Manager in the left pane.
- Look for the folder or file that you want to rename. Then, click on the three-dot menu on its right side.
- Select Rename.
- Type in a new name for your file or folder.
- Click the checkmark to save.
Important: You cannot rename a file to match another file within the same directory. Likewise, you cannot rename a directory to match another directory within the same location.
Can I Use Special Characters In Folder or File Names
Both your website and File Manager will work best if you limit your characters to the following types:
Allowed Character Type Folder Name Example File Name Example Letters mywebsite index.html Numbers my1stwebsite page1.html Hyphens my-website page-1.html Underscores my_website page_1.html