Exchange Setup: Android Mobile Devices
How to Setup Exchange on Android Mobile Devices
|Steps 3 - 4||Step 5||Steps 6 - 10|
|Step 11||Steps 12 - 13||Steps 15-16|
You will need your Microsoft Exchange Server, full email address, and your email password. You can find these settings by logging into your Mail Central under 'Exchange Setup'.
- Go to the Email app on your phone.
- If you have already set up another email account, create a new one. If you have not already set up an email account on your phone, you are automatically prompted to create a new one.
- Enter your Exchange Mailbox Address and Password.
- Click Manual Setup.
- Click Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter your Domain\Username (how do I find this).
- Enter your Exchange Mailbox Password.
- Enter your Microsoft Exchange Server address.
- Make sure Use Secure Connection (SSL) is checked.
- Click Next.
- Click OK to accept any activation and security prompts that appear.
- Configure your account options as desired.
- Click Next.
- Depending on the security prompts that appeared in step 11, you may be asked to activate a device administrator. Click Activate to accept it.
- Enter a name for the email account (optional, has no effect on your connection).
- Click Done.
Some mail applications on Android mobile devices may require an additional 'Domain\Username' setting. Follow these steps to satisfy that requirement:
- Go to Mail Central.
- Select your Exchange mailbox.
- Select Exchange Setup.
- Look under Your Exchange Server Information and use the following formula to find out what to put in for your 'domain\username' setting:
- Same as the Microsoft Exchange Server, but without the first portion (exchange2013.sh11.lan)
- A backslash '\'
- First (up to 10) letters of the domain used by the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A period '.'
- First (up to 9) letters of the email address before the '@' symbol (email@example.com)