Domain Transfer: How To Transfer Your Domain To Another Company
If you want to transfer your domain to a different registrar, all of the following requirements must be met to complete the process.
Transfer requirements must all display green.
- Domain must be unlocked
- Domain privacy must be disabled
- Your domain must be at least 60 days old or:
- You have opted out of domain lock
It is extremely important that you confirm your domain admin email address before proceeding.
You must be able to receive your Auth-Code to transfer your domain. You will use this code to confirm ownership with the new registrar.
Your domain contact information can be accessed on the left.
It is mandatory that you have access to the Administrative email address in order for a successful transfer.
How to transfer your domain to another registrar
- Log in to your Domain Dashboard.
- Login to your account and click Manage on the domain you wish to transfer.
- In Card view, click on the Manage button
- In List view, click on the Gear icon
- Click on Transfers in the left-hand menu.
- Make sure that the Transfer Requirements are met, showing green.
- Note: For the visually impaired: If you see this message below the button, all requirements have not been met.
- Click the Email Auth-Code button, you will see a brief confirmation message
- Once Auth-Code has been received, you can start transferring your domain to your new registrar. You can put the Auth-Code to your new account with them or simply communicate with their Support Specialist.