Domain Registration: How To Renew Your Domain
This article shows you how to renew your domains manually, but we encourage you to consider taking advantage of our automated domain renewal service.
- How much does it cost to renew my domain?
- Is it possible to manually renew multiple domains at the same time?
Step by Step Walkthrough
- Log in to your Domain Dashboard.
- On the Domains page, you can either click the domain name you want to renew or the cog icon alongside it.
- You will be routed to the Summary page where you can click the Renew Domain link.
- Use the drop-down menu to select how many years you want to renew your domain.
- Check the payment information and edit the card details if necessary.
- Click the Purchase item button.
- You will be notified that your purchase is complete and a confirmation email is sent to the account's administrative address.
Domain Renewal FAQs
My Domain Expired, Can I Still Renew It
Yes, so long as the domain has not been expired for too long. To renew your domain, simply follow the steps provided above. You can also set your domain to automatically renew so that it does not expire again in the future.
Why Do I Get An Error When I Try To Renew My Domain
Please contact us for help renewing your domain.
My Domain Is Registered With You, But Why Can't I See An Option To Renew It
If you do not see an option to renew your domain, please contact us.
When I Renew My Hosting, Does It Renew My Domain Too
No. Domains and hosting are billed separately. If a free domain or free domain credit was granted to you at the beginning of your hosting account, that domain would renew as a separate item from the hosting.
Another Company, Contacted Me To Renew My Domain. What Should I Do
Ignore it. If your domain is registered with us, nobody else should contact you regarding your domain's renewal. We do not share your contact information with other companies, though they can still obtain your contact information by using a public Whois Lookup unless you have Domain Privacy.
Often, these 'reminders' are actually disguised requests to transfer your domain from us to their company. Because of the fine print and legal jargon responding to these companies could result in having your domain transferred away to another registrar.
While we don't mind you using alternative companies to manage your domains, we want to help you protect yourself from these types of companies. If you're ever in doubt about the communication you receive, please contact us.
Why Does My Domain Say It Requires Additional Assistance
The domain did not successfully go through our automated process. We are looking into this and will be in contact with you. You will receive a message at your account's administrative email address within 2-4 hours.