Domain Registration: How To Buy A Domain
Purchase a New Domain
It is easy to purchase additional domains in your Domain dashboard. When you first log in to your account the blue, Purchase Domain button is one of the first things you will see.
- Log in to your Domain Dashboard.
- Click on the Purchase Domain button to get started
- As you type, suggested domains will appear below the search field
- Click Add to select a domain
- The shopping cart icon above will show a purchase waiting to be processed
- Click the icon, then Go to Cart
- Cart Information
- To finalize the purchase process click on Finalize Checkout
- An informational popup will appear
It may take up to 30 minutes to update your purchase
At the bottom of your Domain summary, a list of available domains is shown for when you are ready to acquire additional domain names.
Domain Registration FAQ
What Characters Are Allowed In A Domain Name
Can I Cancel The Registration Of A New Domain
Domain names cannot be changed or refunded, even if you've accidentally spelled them wrong (see Domain Registration Agreement). We encourage you to double-check the spelling of your new domain before finalizing the purchase.
Why Can't I See My Domain
There are two common reasons why you might not see your domain online just after purchasing it:
- Contact us if your domain still hasn't finished registering after 48 hours. Remember that you can always check the registration status of your domain by doing a Whois Lookup.
- If you just bought your domain with us and are intending to host your website elsewhere, you'll first need to update your nameservers to refer to your hosting company (see Domain Management: How To Update Nameservers).
Why Do I Get An 'Error: Improper Telephone Format'
Some domains (such as .biz, .org, and .info) ask that your telephone number to be in a specific format. Use a '+' symbol followed by your international calling code, followed by a period, followed by your complete telephone number (no hyphens, spaces, or parenthesis).
- Example: +1.5556667777
Are There Special Registration Requirements On Certain New TLDs
As new top level domains become available, some of them may add special requirements before they can be registered. These top level domains are marked with a special icon during the registration process. For more details visit New TLD Phases.
Why Does My Domain Say It Requires Additional Assistance
The domain did not successfully go through our automated process. We are looking into this and will be in contact with you. You will receive a message at your account's administrative email address within 2-4 hours.