Domain Managment: How to Update Subdomains
How To Create and Update Subdomains
What is a Subdomain?
As your web presence increases, you may require the addition of subdomains for your website. Subdomains help you organize your content and provide additional advantages with navigation. Subdomains are like children to your parent or top-level domain. You can put a page of your site to the subdomain, like shop.domainname.com. There are cases that customers create a separate website and put it to the subdomain.
How to Create a Subdomain
Log in to your Domain Dashboard.
- In Card view, click on the Manage button
- In List view, click on the Gear icon.
- Click on Pointers & Subdomains in the left-hand menu.
- Click the blue Add Subdomain button.
- Add the Subdomain Name and the Directory where the files are stored. Click Save.
Make sure to put the correct folder name or location so that the subdomain will show your files correctly. It is recommended mostly if you just started, to point the subdomain to an empty folder and put the contents inside that folder.
- The new subdomain will be shown where it was added.
How to Remove a Subdomain
- Click on the X next to your subdomain and directory.
- Click on Yes, delete it