How to Setup Domain Pointers - Domain Management
Before you proceed, please make sure that you have an active domain associated with your account. You can add one by purchasing a domain or transferring an existing domain. Please see the articles below for the detailed steps:
- How to Purchase a Domain - Domain Registration
- How to Transfer A Domain to Your Account - Domain Transfers
- How to Transfer Multiple Domains to Your Account
Once you have an active domain (or if you already have an active domain) associated with your account, please follow the steps below:
Updating Domain Pointers
- Log in to your Domain Dashboard.
- In Card View, click Manage.
- In List View, click on the cog icon.
- On the left sidebar, click on Pointers & Subdomains.
Home Directory - This setting causes your domain to point to the main directory of your hosting account. This pointer type is best when there are no other domain names on file, and the website files are placed in the home directory.
- Once you are in Pointers & Subdomains page, on the Pointer Type, select Home then hit Save. It will automatically point the domain to Home Directory.
- First, You have to know the name of the folder where the file is located. You can check it by going into Hosting Dashboard.
- On the left pane, select File Manager.
- Inside the root directory, locate where your file is and note the folder name. Note: Default folder names are in relation with the builder, used and the name of the domain e.g. wb_ is for Website Builder, w_ is for Weebly and wp_ for WordPress. In this case, the builder used is Website Builder, and the user has changed the folder name.
- Then go back to Pointers & Subdomain page and write down the folder name in the given field, then hit Save.
- In the Pointers & Subdomain page, select the Pointer Type as URL Standard and place the full URL of the website you would like your visitors to be redirected. Make sure to hit Save.
- Go to the Pointers & Subdomain page, select the Pointer Type as URL Stealth and place the full URL of the website you would like your visitors to be redirected. Make sure to hit Save.
- In the Pointers & Subdomain page, select the Pointer Type as Park then hit Save.
- Root directory - is the directory at the highest level of a hierarchy. The topmost folder in the directory
- Home Directory - is the directory or folder where the user can store all their personal information, files, login scripts, and user information
- URL address - is the address of a website