How to Update TXT and SPF Records - DNS ManagementSender Policy Framework and the related TXT files are used to verify domain ownership and implement email security measures to reduce spam and domain spoofing. It is a DNS record that provides text information to sources outside the domain that can be used for several purposes. The record's value can be either human- or machine-readable text.
Sample SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:_spf.google.com ip4:188.8.131.52 -all
|Sets the SPF version being used.||Allows the domain’s MX details to send email.||Includes Google mail servers as authorized servers.||This IP address will pass.||Any other IP address will fail.|
Update TXT/SPF Records
- Login to your Domains Dashboard.
- In Card View, click Manage on the domain where you're updating the SPF record.
- In List View, click the cog icon.
- Click on DNS & Nameservers in the left-hand menu.
- On the DNS & Nameservers page, select the DNS Records tab.
- Add a new TXT Record by clicking the blue + button.
- Or, scroll to the bottom for TXT records and click on the 3 dots.
- Make your revisions and Click on Update DNS.
Note that DNS record changes may take 24-48 hours to take effect.