How to Update CNAME Aliases - Canonical Name - DNS Management
What is a CNAME Alias?
It is a hostname that points to another hostname (info.your-domain.net to info.your-domain.com). Domain owners typically use it to point a subdomain to another domain or subdomain (normal subdomains can only point to a directory within your hosting account).
How To Update CNAME Aliases?
Log in to your Domains Dashboard
- In Card View, click Manage on the domain you wish to update the CNAME record.
- In List View, click on the cog icon.
- Click on DNS & Nameservers in the left-hand menu.
- On the DNS & Nameservers page, select the DNS Records tab.
- Add a new CNAME Record by clicking the blue + button.
- In the window that appears, select the DNS record type from the dropdown list.
- Type in the DNS record value.
- Then click on the Add DNS button.
- Or, choose a CNAME record from the list to edit, click the three dots on the record you wish to edit or delete.
- Make your revisions and Click on Update DNS.