How to Update A Records - DNS Management
What is an A Record?An A Record assigns an address for your domain to a specific IP (www to 12.345.678.90). Domain owners typically use it to control which specific servers host a particular function associated with their online presence (website, email, etc). Many other DNS records require an associated A Record in order to function properly. The usual A records to update when changing the IP address are the '@' and 'www' A records.
How To Update A Records?
- Log in to your Domains Dashboard.
- In Card View, click Manage on the domain you wish to update the A records.
- In List View, click on the cog icon.
- Click on DNS & Nameservers in the left-hand menu.
- On the DNS & Nameservers page, select the DNS Records tab.
- Add a new A Record by clicking the blue + button.
- Or, click the three dots next to the A record you wish to edit or delete.
- Make your revisions and Click on Update DNS.
How to Update DNS Records - DNS Management
How to Update MX Records
How to Update CNAME Aliases - Canonical Name
How to Update TXT and SPF Records
DNS Records Explained - Domain Name System Management